Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why Did They Make Me Suffer?

In understanding and compassion, I bow down to reconcile myself with all those who have made me suffer.

I open my heart and send forth my energy of love and understanding to everyone who has made me sufer, to those who have destroyed much of my life and the lives of those I love.

I know now that these people have themselves undergone a lot of suffering and that their hearts are overloaded with pain, anger and hatred. I know that anyone who suffers that much will make those around him or her suffer. I know they have been unlucky, never having the chance to be cared for and loved. Life and society have dealt them so many hardships. They have been wronged and abused.

They have not been guided in the path of mindful living. They have accumulated wrong perceptions about life, about me, and about us. They have wronged us and the people we love.

I pray to my ancestors in my blood and spiritual families to channel to these persons who have made us suffer, the energy of love and protection, so that their hearts will be able to receive the nectar of love, and blossom like a flower.

I pray that they can be transformed to experience the joy of living, so that they will not continue to make themselves suffer, and make others suffer.

I see their suffering and do not want to hold any feelings of hatred or anger in myself toward them. I do not want them to suffer.

I channel my energy of love and understanding to them, and ask all my ancestors to help them.


Extracted from: Teachings of Love, by Venerable Thich Nhat Nanh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home