Thursday, August 02, 2007

Don't Cry, Baby

"Respected Teacher, without understanding love is most difficult.

It reminds me of something that happened to my sister Bhima.

One night she cried all night long until my sister Bala lost her patience and spanked Bhima. That made Bhima cry more.

I picked Bhima up and sensed that she was feverish. I was sure her head ached from the fever. I called Bala and told her to place her hand on Bhima's forehead.

When she did that she understood why Bhima was crying. Her eyes softened and she took Bhima into her arms and sang to her with love. Bhima stopped crying even though she still had a fever.

Respected Teacher, I think that was because Bala understood why Bhima was upset. And so I think without understanding, love is not possible."

"Just so, Svasti! Love is possible only when there is understanding. And only with love can there be acceptance.

Practise living in awareness, children, and you will deepen our understanding. You will be able to understand yourselves, other people, and all things. And you have hearts of love.

That is the wonderful path I have discovered."


Extracted from: Tangerine of Mindfulness, Old Path White Clouds, by Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh

5 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very nice blog you have, do continue....

 
At May 29, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I love the posts. don't know where can I get all the bks?

Thank you.

TL

 
At July 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Blogger JingleBerry said...

Hi TL,

I bought this book, Old Path White Clouds written by Ven. Thich Nhat Nanh, from Kinokuniya bookstore at Ngee Ann City. Some other books were bought from Borders bookstore.

Other articles were mostly extracted from the website at the Links on the right.

However, links for older articles from Plum Village are no longer in use as the website has been revamped.

Thanks to you and anon9.16pm for enjoying the wonderful teachings.

Regards,
JJ

 
At July 3, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, ic, thank you.

I search both the website and see that for the same bk, the prices are very diff.

Is it cheaper to buy from kuni or border?

Thank you.

TL

 
At July 10, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Blogger JingleBerry said...

Sorry, TL. I do not know which bookstore sells it cheaper.

Perhaps you can also try Buddhist bookstores such as Awareness Place (at Bras Basah I think), or Evergreen at Pearl Centre?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home